Here’s How we Identity Candidates for AAOK Awards:
Criteria for Selection:
- Not employed by an agency
- Number of people impacted by AOK
- Impact on society and the community
- Length of time engaged in the AOK
- Not recognized or acknowledged by another organization
Our Candidate Selection Process
- We ask for and collect nominations to include key information about their acts of kindness from the nominees. This could be done through word of mouth, social media, media blurbs, social clubs, churches etc. Those who nominate will be the main provider of information about the history of the nominee and how well they fit our criteria.
- The Candidate Selection and Events Coordination Focus Group meets regularly to evaluate nominations based on the criteria we have developed, and may ask for further information if needed.
- We will put together a story about the candidate.
- Our Focus Group will then arrange the details of the event.
Just how will we acknowledge the Candidates?
We try to make each award event very creative and lots of fun. We work to have these at exciting venues and involve friends, associates, neighbors, and family members if possible. We also opt to make these a surprise to the recipients.
To nominate someone, send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org